THE DETROIT RESCUE MISSION MINISTRIES
Changing One Life at a Time
As a citizen, I believe one should reach out to his fellow countrymen, as a Christian, I believe one’s life should exemplify “man’s humanity to man.” For this reason, I have several charities that I contribute to. The Rescue Mission is one of them. However, as hard economic times made contributions dwindle, it became necessary to move in a new direction . Thus, we are asking you to learn more about the Mission, and help in any way that you can.
Why the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries? I saw a “Channel 7 Special” that revealed the great work the Mission is achieving with the citizens of Detroit. I was moved by those who were shown the pathway from poverty to self-sufficiency, drug abuse to drug-freedom, uneducated to educated, and low self-esteem to self-respect.
The Rescue Mission is literally “changing one life at a time,” which parallels my life mission–“changing one thought at a time.” Therefore, “Open Thought” is asking each participant to donate One Dollar ($1.00) at a Time,” and continue the journey that we have embarked upon. All contributions will flow directly into the Mission.
What’s New at the Mission?
- Vocational training and education programs for the homeless and addicted read more
- Housing for the homeless read more
- Teen Moms Housing read more
- Treatment for addicted men, women and children read more
- Michigan Prisoner Re-entry Initiative services read more
- Emergency food, shelter and clothing read more
- Family reunification help for people in substance abuse treatment read more
- Summer camping programs read more
- Substance Abuse Prevention programs for youth read more
- Volunteer and Internship opportunities read more
- Spiritual life support and counseling services read more
- Substance abuse recovery, alumni, and peer support programs read more
- Recreation and retreat services read more
- Senior Citizens activities
Click the Link Below for Donations Directly to the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries:
Click the Link Below for Donations Directly to Educational Arts Society, Inc:
Music, art and theater are rewarding in and of themselves. They enlarge one’s vision of life, expand the outreach to others and amplify the inner self! Remember your last trip to a museum or a concert hall? How did it make you feel? Can you still feel the tingle you got when you stared into the face of a Rembrandt or Van Gogh, or swayed to the beat of your favorite song? Help a child develop this feeling or learn an artistic skill to help someone else develop it.
Click on the Picture To Donate – Funds Go Directly To GoFundMe: